Updated June 22, 2020
Kolahawk Web Analytics Service
This site uses the Kolahawk analytics system to help improve usability and the customer experience.
Kolahawk may record mouse clicks, mouse movements and scrolling activity. Kolahawk may record keystroke information that you voluntarily enter on this website.
Kolahawk does not track this activity on any site that does not use the Kolahawk system.
To view and manage data that Kolahawk has collected about you on the Kolahawk website, or to opt out of future tracking please visit our data privacy management tool.
1. What is Personal Information?
2. When Personal Information is Collected
A. Personal Information Collected via the Site. Kolahawk’s Site may collect the following types of information in connection with the Service:
- Contact, Account, and Billing Information. Kolahawk processes Personal Information that You provide through creation and management of your account, such as your name, e-mail address, and phone number. Kolahawk also processes, via a third-party service provider, payment information for billing purposes. Kolahawk processes this Personal Information only as necessary to provide the Service to You under the Terms of Service (the “Agreement”). For example, Kolahawk uses this information to bill You for your use of the Service; respond to your inquiries regarding the Service; facilitate Kolahawk’s account recovery services in the event You or one of your users forgets their log-in credentials; and for other purposes related to the reasons for which You provide your Personal Information. Kolahawk may use your email address to contact You from time to time in furtherance of Kolahawk’s legitimate interests to provide You with information regarding the Service, such as invoices, payment receipts, and information regarding critical updates to your subscription. Unless You opt out using the process described in Section 6, below, Kolahawk may also send You a newsletter with tips and tricks for maximizing your use of the Service, as well as information on new or additional features.
- Blog Comments. If You choose to post comments on the Kolahawk blog, Kolahawk requires You to provide your name and your email address (Kolahawk does not publish your email address). By posting a comment, You consent to Kolahawk’s publication and storage of your blog comment. You may withdraw your consent by submitting a request to remove the post to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that whenever You voluntarily disclose Personal Information online, the information You post becomes public and can be collected and used by others and indexed in search engines.
- IP Address and Header Information. Kolahawk automatically collects certain information when You visit our Site, such as IP address and Header Information. “Header Information” is information such as browser type, geolocation, operating system, language, screen resolution, referring URL, etc. provided to our web server by your browser. Kolahawk has a legitimate interest in using such information to assist in log-in, systems administration purposes, information security and abuse prevention, and to track user trends.
- Traffic Data. Like their Customers, Kolahawk uses the Service to generate useful insights about its website’s visitors’ use of the Site. Kolahawk uses the data generated and collected (“Traffic Data”) from the Service (described below) to further our legitimate business interests in analyzing the effectiveness of the Site and Service, so Kolahawk can improve the look, function and content of the Site and. Kolahawk only collects keystroke data when You enter data into form fields on the Site that do not require or prompt You to provide sensitive information. You can opt-out of our processing of your Traffic Data by clicking the “Do not track me” button near the top of this page.
- Contact Information. As a visitor to the Site, Kolahawk may collect your name, email, and free form text entry if You choose to contact us through our “Contact Us” page. Kolahawk processes this Personal Information to address your comments or questions and Kolahawk may send You commercial or transactional emails as a result. You can opt-out of commercial emails any time by following the process set forth in Section 6.
B. Personal Information Collected from the Service. Kolahawk processes Personal Information collected from the Service on behalf of Kolahawk Customers. Customers are responsible for determining the purposes and lawful basis for the processing of their Personal Information. Kolahawk strongly advises members of the public to review privacy notices on any Customer website to determine what information is collected and how it is processed by that Customer website. As a visitor of one of the Kolahawk Customer websites, Kolahawk may collect the following categories of Personal Information through the Service:
- Traffic Data. As part of the Service, Kolahawk collects information relating to traffic on the Customer’s website(s), such as; pages visited, the visitor’s mouse movements and clicks, keystroke data, HTML data on a page visited by a visitor if such HTML data includes Personal Information (collectively, “TrafficData”). Kolahawk uses Traffic Data to provide Customers with real-time analytics and uptime monitoring. Although Kolahawk encourages Customers to process Personal Information responsibly and provide features intended to minimize the impact of the Service on visitor’s privacy, Kolahawk does not have control over how Customers use Traffic Data. For example, Customers have the ability to link Traffic Data with available Personal Information (e.g., account information You have provided them). As another example, although Kolahawk may implement features that enable its Customers to create profiles of individual visitors, the Customer—and not Kolahawk—determines whether to use that profiling information for targeted advertising or other purposes. Customers have the ability to configure the Service to change the amount and type of Traffic Data collected on the Customers’ websites. For example, by default, Kolahawk disables the collection of keystroke data on Customers’ websites. Keystroke data is only captured if the Customer changes this default setting to enable keystroke collection, and even then only for each text field that the Customer has explicitly authorized keystroke collection. As another example, Kolahawk allows Customers to scramble the text within any HTML data processed by the Service. When this feature is enabled, Kolahawk renders any Personal Information within HTML data undecipherable through scrambling. For more information on the manner in which Kolahawk Customers have implemented the Service on their websites, Kolahawk recommends that You review such Customers’ individually posted privacy policies.
- IP Address and Header Information. Through the Service, Customers collect and use IP address and Header Information from visitors when they browse their websites. Kolahawk processes your IP address to help a Customer identify your internet service provider and the geolocation from which You are accessing the Customer website. Kolahawk processes Header Information on behalf of its Customers to determine which websites originated traffic into Customer Websites, the type of browser You are using, and information about your device and operating system. These details are useful to Customers to help them identify issues with and improve their websites. To help protect your privacy, Kolahawk allow Customers to enable IP address masking, which is a feature that removes the last three digits of your IP address before storing it on the Kolahawk servers.
- Derived Data. All of the data Kolahawk collects through the Service, including Personal Information, relates to a visitor’s use of a single Customer website. Kolahawk does not track visitors across Customer websites. However, Kolahawk does aggregate (i.e., combine your data with the data of others to create a statistical summary that removes all personally identifiable information) Traffic Data to further our legitimate interests in providing statistical benchmarking data and vertical-driven insights to the Kolahawk Customers. This data, when stripped of all personally identifiable information in combination with the data of others to create a statistical summary, is identified as Derived Data (as defined in the Terms of Service)
To help operate the Site and Service, enhance your experience, and collect information about online activity, Kolahawk places small data files on your device known as “cookies,” or other similar technologies (e.g., pixel tags, web beacons, local shared objects). Cookies and similar technologies enable Kolahawk to personalize the Site, help make the Site load faster (through “load balancing” technology) and enable Customers to collect useful data with the Service. These technologies may allow Kolahawk and its Customers to store and manage your preferences and settings; measure and analyze how You use the Site and Services and effectiveness of Kolahawk communications; offer targeted products, programs, and services; and help Kolahawk improve its products, services, and security.
The table below explains the types of cookies Kolahawk uses on its websites and why they are used. Also provided are examples of the cookies set by Kolahawk, with explanations of their purpose. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, but rather aims to be a representative summary.
Essential and Strictly Necessary
These cookies are essential for the website and services to perform their basic functions. These include those required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions, as well as to save the contents of virtual “carts” on for e-commerce functionality.
These cookies are used to store preferences set by users such as account name, language, and location.
Kolahawk use these cookies to help identify and prevent potential security risks.
Analytics and Performance
Performance cookies collect information on how visitors interact with Kolahawk websites, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. Kolahawk uses these details to improve how the websites function and to understand how visitors interact with them.
These cookies are used to display relevant advertising to users who use our services or visitors that visit websites Kolahawk provides, as well as to understand and report on the efficacy of ads served on Kolahawk websites. They track details such as the number of unique visitors, the number of times particular ads have been displayed, and the number of clicks the ads have received. They are also used to build visitor profiles, including showing You ads based on products you’ve viewed or acts You have taken on Kolahawk (and other) websites. These are set by Kolahawk and trusted third party networks and are generally persistent in nature.
Third Party / Embedded Content
Sites using Kolahawk’s Service make use of different third party applications and services to enhance the experience of website visitors. These include social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter (through the use of sharing buttons). As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties, and used by them to track your online activity. Kolahawk has no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit https://aboutcookies.org/. For more details on your choices regarding use of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising You may visit the following sites:
On a mobile device, You may also be to adjust your settings to limit ad tracking.
You may see a “cookie banner” on our websites. If You are visiting one of the Kolahawk Customer’s sites from the EU, then Kolahawk does not set, or allow its ad partners to set, cookies that are used to show You targeted ads before You click to accept. When You consent in this manner, Kolahawk and its advertising partners may set advertising cookies on the site You are visiting and on other of our websites, dashboards, and services. Kolahawk will display the banner to You periodically, just in case You change your mind.
4. The Purposes and Use of Personal Information
If You submit or Kolahawk collects Personal Information through the Site or the Service, then such Personal Information may be used to:
- Provide, analyze, administer, improve, and personalize the Service;
- Contact You in connection with the Service, notifications, programs or offerings that You may have registered for;
- Send You updates and promotional materials;
- Provide personalized advertising to You;
- Identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Site or Service that You are authorized to access;
- For recruiting and human resources administration purposes; and
- Protect Kolahawk rights and/or property and to ensure the technical functionality and security of the Service.
5. To Whom Personal Information Is Disclosed
- Our Customers. As part of the Service, Kolahawk provide each Customer with access to Derived Data and other data collected through the Service on its behalf. Kolahawk also provides Customers with aggregated (i.e., a statistical summary of data from all of Kolahawk Customer websites combined) and anonymous (i.e., no individual visitor, or personally identifiable information, can be identified in the data) Derived Data.
- Our Customers’ Service Providers. Kolahawk may, at the direction of its Customers, provide data, including Personal Information, to third-party service providers on the Customers’ behalf. This enables the Customers to integrate the Service with other services they use, such as customer relation management systems. For more information on the manner in which Customers have implemented the Service on their websites, including integrations with third-party services, Kolahawk recommends that You review such Customers’ posted privacy policies.
- Advertising. Kolahawk engages advertising services to assist in advertising its brand and the Service. From time to time, those services target advertisements on third-party websites based on cookies or other information indicating previous interaction with the Site.
- Google Analytics. Kolahawk uses Google Analytics, an analytics service, along with its own Service, to help analyze the traffic on the Site. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of Personal Information, please see “How Google uses data when You use Kolahawk partners sites or apps.” You can opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisition Transactions or Change of Control.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts.
Kolahawk may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our legal or other rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of a Customer or any other person. Kolahawk may also disclose Personal Information to investigate or prevent a violation by You of any contractual or other relationship with Kolahawk (such as a violation of the Terms of Service) or your illegal or harmful activity.
6. How You Can Opt-Out
You may choose not to receive future promotional or advertising emails from Kolahawk by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email that You receive from Kolahawk. Additionally, You may send a request specifying your communications preferences to email@example.com. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to the performance of the Service. Please note that even if You opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, Kolahawk may still send You a response to any “Contact” request as well as administrative, maintenance and operational emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request).
At the top of this page and in the link provided here, Kolahawk provides access to a data privacy management tool that allows You to opt out of being tracked by the Kolahawk Service.
7. Personal Information from Children
Kolahawk does not knowingly provide access to the Service to children under the age of sixteen (16). If Kolahawk learns that it has collected Personal Information from children, and there is no lawful basis to process such Personal Information under applicable law, Kolahawk will promptly take steps to delete all such Personal Information.
8. Retention of Personal Information
9. How We Protect the Confidentiality and Integrity of Your Personal Information
Kolahawk has implemented security measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, and alteration. Kolahawk uses industry-standard practices such as encrypted storage, firewalls, and password protection systems to safeguard the confidentiality of Personal Information. Kolahawk takes steps to help ensure its employees and contractors are aware of their information security obligations, and further restricts employee and contractor access to Personal Information. Despite efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, Kolahawk cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or storage on our systems. Further, while Kolahawk attempts to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, it cannot guarantee that the security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. Kolahawk does not represent or warrant that Personal Information about You will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
10. Links to Third Party Websites
The Kolahawk Site may contain links to third party websites. Please be aware that Kolahawk is not responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites You choose to visit. If You provide any information directly to parties other than Kolahawk, different rules may apply to the use or disclosure of that information. Kolahawk encourages You to investigate and ask questions before disclosing your Personal Information to third parties.
11. Your California Privacy Rights.
In performing Kolahawk’s Service for its Customers, Kolahawk operates as a “Service Provider” under Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100, otherwise known as the “California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018” or “CCPA”. In fulfilling its obligations to our Customers as a Service Provider, Kolahawk may process certain Personal Information under instruction from our Customers to fulfill a legitimate “Business Purpose” under the CCPA, which may include any one or more of the following activities: maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services. Kolahawk does not disclose or resell Personal Information for any other commercial purpose, except in certain cases where the Personal Information has been pseudonymized or is considered aggregated consumer information.
Subject to applicable exceptions under the CCPA, Kolahawk will delete Personal Information of a consumer from its records upon the direction of its Customers in response to a consumer’s verifiable request to delete Personal Information. In the event Kolahawk receives such a request directly, it will forward it to the respective Customer without delay and shall not take further action until such time as directed by Customer. If You have any questions regarding our role as a Service Provider, or if You would like to request information regarding the disclosure of Personal Information about You by Kolahawk to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, please complete and submit the Access Request Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. GDPR Policy (for European Data Subjects only).
Kolahawk has created this General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) Policy to explain how Kolahawk collects and process Personal Information about You as a data subject. As used in this Section 12, a “data subject” is an identified or identifiable person who is located in the European Union/European Economic Area (“EU/EEA”), and “process”or “processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Information, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- Kolahawk’s Basis for Processing. The following sets out four (4) lawful basis under the GDPR to which Kolahawk may process your Personal Information:
Where You have given Kolahawk consent to process your Personal Information for one or more specified purposes, such as to provide our Service and other services as requested by You.
To Perform a Contract
Where the processing is necessary for the performance of contract to which You are a party and to which Kolahawk is acting as a processor or subprocessor.
Comply with the Law
Where the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Kolahawk is subject.
Where the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Kolahawk or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of Personal Information
- Data Subject Privacy Rights. In certain circumstances, local data protection laws and certain local laws (including the GDPR) may give You rights with respect to Personal Information if You are located in the EEA. These rights differ by country/region, but may include access, amend, erase, export (i.e., data portability), or object to or restrict the processing of Personal Information collected via the Site. You may exercise these rights at any time by submitting a Data Subject Access Request or sending an email to email@example.com, and Kolahawk will comply with all applicable laws. Kolahawk also provides Customers with access to—and the ability to edit or delete—certain categories of Personal Information through the Account Management page. Kolahawk has appointed EU Business Partners as its representative in the EU for the purposes of Article 27 of GDPR. You may contact the EU representative, as well as Kolahawk directly with any query that You may have in relation to your personal data. The contact details are as follows:
EU Business Partners
10 Ashe Street, Clonakilty, County Cork, P85 E4303, Ireland
Flor McCarthy, Director
Depending on where You live, You may have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if You believe that Kolahawk has violated any of the rights concerning Personal Information about You. Kolahawk encourages You to first reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org, to provide an opportunity to first address your concerns directly.
Kolahawk does not have control over the processing of Personal Information by its Customers. Thus, if You would like to exercise your rights concerning Personal Information processed through the Service—beyond using the opt-out feature to object to Kolahawk’s tracking of You—You should reach out to the Customer directly. If You need help contacting one of the Customers, please let Kolahawk know and they will happy to help connect You if possible.
- Personal Information Transferred from the EU or Switzerland to the United States. Kolahawk complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (“Privacy Shield”) as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Information transferred from the EU and the United Kingdom and/or Switzerland, as applicable to the United States in reliance on Privacy Shield. Kolahawk has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability. A violation of Kolahawk’s commitment to Privacy Shield may be investigated by the Federal Trade Commission and/or the United States Department of Commerce. If there is any conflict between the policies in this Privacy Statement and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern.
Kolahawk has committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If You do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information and to file a complaint.
These recourse mechanisms are available at no cost to You. Damages may be awarded in accordance with applicable law. Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel. In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU or Swiss individuals received pursuant to the Privacy Shield, Kolahawk is potentially liable.
Pursuant to the Privacy Shield, Kolahawk remains liable for the transfer of Personal Information to third parties acting as its agents unless Kolahawk can prove they were not a party to the events giving rise to the damages.